Architecture Planning Interiors
Historical Interpretive Center
Working closely with the historical society and metal sculptor, a historical interpretive center was designed commemorating the life and times around a historic mansion built in 1910 that formerly stood on the site (and was moved 3 miles) is now occupied by an office building. The office building, also designed by our firm is called Lake Washington Park and is listed under office buildings on the website. The center consists of a painted steel roof-shelter and metal human figures in period costume on benches. Etched aluminum plate plaques containing old photographs and text describing the mansion, former waterfront and shipyard area are displayed on the adjacent sloped top steel table.